Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year to all on uk.rec.models.rail.

John.
Reply to
John Turner
Seasons greetings to you John too, and wishing you (and your business) well for 2009.
Reply to
Jerry
Now if that picture had been on the BRM/Hornby calender I would be looking forward to the New Year.
Fred X
Reply to
Fred X
"Fred X" wrote
Yup, me too! I'd have probably bought four or five of them. :-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
What, four or five calenders? ;o)
(kim)
Reply to
kim
But it would be ridiculous to expect Hornby to release a model of an electric powered train that was restricted to one route. :)
Fred X
Reply to
Fred X
They have done it before. Think EM1. Some of their steam locos have been very limited, even one off's. Think Caledonian 123. Wasn't even a typically Caley loco.
Kevin Martin
Reply to
Kevin Martin
"Kevin Martin" wrote
I think you mean EM2, and you missed the smiley at the end of Fred's post!
John.
Reply to
John Turner
It is that long since I sold my model I forgot and of course it occurred to me that I was wrong after hitting the send button. Of course the EM1 would have been a "better" model to have produced since they lasted much longer than the EM2's.
Some of the pre group locos have been quite good sellers over the years, partly though because many used common and wrong standard parts.
Kevin Martin
Reply to
Kevin Martin
Trix did an EM1, not sure if it was to their intermediate H0 -00 scale of 3.8mm to the foot that they used sometimes. If powered through the overhead it meant using the Trix twin system you could actually have independent control of 3 Locos without seperate electrical sections.
G.Harman
Reply to
damduck-egg
EM2's continued in use in Holland but 00 is not popular there. Even Bachmann's Dutch ex-WD failed to sell.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
Small quantities of HO ones are produced as a kit which needs finishing with other parts.
also features on the British HO societies web page for some details in English. Fairly expensive but if you were a Dutch modeler at least you get the right scale. Once when I was visiting the Netherlands I popped into a Model Railway tent at a larger exhibition and saw a Dutch EM2 in HO modeled by the firm of Philotrain. This firm makes extremely high quality brass models in short runs. The EM2 when it was available worked out at something between £250 ,£350 .
G.harman
Reply to
damduck-egg
wrote
I believe it was the latter (3.8mm:1ft) but it was a very crude die-cast model with an indifferent drive, although still sought after.
I think an updated EM1 with decent drive would sell, although with only three potential liveries (black, green & blue) it would have variety limitations, but I suspect those that were interested (self included) would buy in multiples.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Wow, a post that started off OT but finished On T.
OK late but Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all and sundry.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
Not with me it didn't. It was so cheap that I bought a few and have repainted them in original Immingham Dubdee livery, i.e. filthy with streaks of seagull droppings from the top of the boiler.
Reply to
crazyh0rse1
Failed to sell *in Holland*
(kim)