Hornby New Releases.

Just received list.

First up is a Javelin - Q4.

Will post others when I have rad through list - if I have time.

Reply to
intercityman2000

No, that seems to be the lot. Four loco's with sound - Class 31 and

50, Black 5 and A4.

The rest are just new or or different liveries on existing models.

Merry Christmas.

Reply to
intercityman2000

So the (much leaked) Clan escaped your attention?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Reply to
sssssssssssss

For Hornby new releses, its prety easy to find out go to

later when the page / pages are updated

Reply to
sssssssssssss

looking at the Hornby 2009 list over on totally trains; looks like there's a new Castle as well (unless they are charging >100quid for the old one now); some industrial co-co diesel, a Devon Belle observation coach and an SR 20T brake van. More new Maunsells, but not sure if they're new tooling or new liveries.

Reply to
airsmoothed

.com/2009/later when the page / pages are updated

Hornby magazine have a summary up already:-

airsmoothed

wrote

Betcha all Hornby's half-decent tender locos will have an RRP at or above GBP100.00 next year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Great link, thanks. Much better than Totally Trains' site.

The Castle appears to be all new?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

It might give real modelling and kit manufactures somewhat of a revival...

Reply to
Jerry

Great, so according to Hornby because we have a new EMU that can only be used by people who model the HS1 (how many do you know?), we have no other new diesel or electric models. Thank god for Bachmann.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X
[ re the announced Hornby "Javelin" ]

But they will not just be used on HS1, of late they have been running test runs into London Victoria, something that could not do if they were 25Kv only...

Reply to
Jerry

Restricted areas of operation do not seem to matter to many though. In years past Margate when it was under the Tri-ang label made the EM2 which was similarly restricted to one route, The Blue Pullmans seem to have attained cult status despite only running on a couple of routes.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

"Jerry" wrote

It might indeed, or at least create a strong resistance to purchasing some RTR products.

I've just done a quick check on loco sales in December, and (in my shop) Bachmann locos have outsold those from Hornby by the ratio 5:2.

With diesel locos the ratio is 7:2, with only the 08s from Hornby troubling the scorer. I'm afraid diesel locos with an RRP in excess of GBP100.00 just do not attract much customer attention.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"kim" wrote

I hope so, and also hope they make a better job of it than they did with the re-issued 'King'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Jerry" wrote

But (very nearly) another exclusive to the 'South of the Thames Brigade. No wonder Bachmann score so highly with loco sales here in the north.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I thought last years list of releases was disappointing D&E wise, but this blimey, I almost suggested tongue in cheek they'd have the Javelin and then aload of kettles with wheels and some more maunsell coaches because clearly we hadnt completed the set there.

but this is ridicolous has nobody told Hornby mainline steam ended over 40 years ago.

I count that as 38 steam biased vs 13 diesel electric based.

Aw

Reply to
awavey

Hornby are just tapping into a un-tapped market, just like Bachmann has done with (ex)LNER models. Also, lets face it, the Javelins are really no different in this respect (prototype geographical location) to the announced 'Clan' and I don't see to many people complaining about that...

Reply to
Jerry

Hasn't anyone told you that (if not already) the world will be in a recession/depression in 2009/10, that Hornby have had production problems this year (and what ever anyone says, those problems could well continue into 2009/10 due to their supplier now being owned by their main competitor...), Hornby are marking time - you never know, if the recession isn't as bad as expected and production problems get sorted, Hornby might have a surprise or two in Q4 (it's happened before)!

I can remember the years when any manufacture (of RTR or kits) would announce their new *model* for the forthcoming year, if we were lucky they might have stretched it to two...

Reply to
Jerry

"Jerry" wrote

The 'Clan' does nothing for me I'm afraid. It's yet another bloody Standard, and the one with the least widespread geographic distribution. I do, however, recall seeing one once at Stourton (55B) shed in Leeds; it having worked a freight down the S&C from Carlisle.

John.

Reply to
John Turner