Hornby New Releases.

The Railways of Warwickshire website has a picture of an unidentified Clan visiting Coventry station in 1963 but it was almost certainly an inter-regional excursion on the occasion of the Queen opening the new cathedral. It was not something you would see every day.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

They did a Classs 153 which is godsend to limited space and branchline modellers.

Thae haven't completed the Gresley or Stanier sets yet, let alone the Maudsley. There's not even a Gresley BG announced which was common to both regions in BR days.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

True, but they are routes that are modelled by a lot of people.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Indeed! I would have been interested in any number of "suburban" EMU model but not another express Pendelino/Eurostar type one.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Back in the 1980s very few modelled the (ex)LNER routes, now it's quite common, the difference - in the 1980s Mainline (now owned by Bachmann) nor Hornby made many (ex)LNER locos and coaches. Put it another way, if there were no GWR RTR rolling stock but plenty of SR stock then very many people would be modelling the SR and few if any the GWR...

Reply to
Jerry

I'll eat my hat if anyone ever produces RTR LNER quad-ark stock!...

Reply to
Jerry

More of the Kent brigade as they won't make it onto South Central or South Western. But a version may appear on the WCML and ECML for IEP outer suburban specification, the latest variant from DFT Rail to keep IEP programme running.

You would have thought you would have more takers for an electrostar which travels all over the Southern, LTS and soon Thameslink and London Overground. Or a Desiro on the South Western, GE and WCML.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

But I don't think that the HS1 is really interesting enough for lots of people to build layouts based on it. As far as I know only Eurostars (and in the future Javelins) run on it.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

We will see freight on it once the access charges issue is sorted starting with Ford train from Spain to Dagenham.

The Javelins will spend half their time on the classic network in Kent so will mix with networkers recently move to outer suburban work.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I'm not in any sense a 'fine scale' modeller, so I run what I can get, but although it had a very restricted service life I would rather like the LMS articulated DMU

the unit operated between Oxford and Cambridge and later on runs from London to Nottingham. During World War Two the unit was withdrawn and after the war it was converted to a two-car unit for use on overhead wire maintenance on the Altrincham to Manchester 1500v DC line.

It's just that lovely Dan Dare styling

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Pffffff!

This is Dan Dare styling:

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Nice! Thanks for that one - I hadn't come across them before.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Hello

Any idea when the Hornby 2009 catalogue and price list is expected, please?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

Reply to
selfgk

Any day now. Keep a watch on this group for the annual comments :- Too expensive Dont like the format Full of mistakes Can see everything on the websites

I will be getting mine at full RRP from my local toyshop and enjoy lots of moments drooling over the pictures.

Reply to
simon

Do percentages remain the same so the retailer gets extra cash per item ? if so do you think all the kind and generous shops will increase theyre discount percentage so they dont benefit from the increase ? :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

In message , simon writes

This is a non-excuse. You can see everything on the website now, but you won't be able to in five to ten year's time.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"simon" wrote

£8.99 is full RRP Simon, and although we've had a preview sample for a week or so, there's no sign yet of copies for sale to the public.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"simon" wrote

Hornby's discounts are the meanest of the major players in the model trade [1] and any increase in price means we've got to cough up more to put their models on our shelves. Of course this is not an issue with quick selling items, but Hornby products tend to sit there longer than most, and consequently the return on initial investment when the model eventually sells is usually modest.

[1] although I believe the big turnover retailers get significantly higher discounts than the run-of-the-mill model shops, which of course helps distort the market.

John.

Reply to
John Turner