Bogies for Hornby Pullmans

In a box of miscellaneous stuff donated to the club I found a Hornby Pullman ("Ruth"). Previous owner had attached 4-wheel passenger trucks and KD couplers. Doesn't look quite right. ;-)

Can anyone recommend bogies that are correct or nearly so for this carriage? And source?

Thanks.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:31:00 -0500, Wolf Kirchmeir said in :

Can't help you with this, but I did wonder if anyone makes a worthwhile blue pullman kit for the not-terribly-proto4 inclined - I am quite content with most RTRs as long as they will accept DCC.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

What's "wrong"? Do you think they should have 6 wheel trucks?

I don't actually *know* but my memory is of 4 wheel trucks. These people might know

that page has a reference to Ruth.

Also every image I can find of a Hornby Pullman

has them riding on 4 wheel trucks.

Reply to
Graham Harrison

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message news:a snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Hornby?.... Duh!

Ruth had a 4 wheel bogie (truck), very few UK Pullman cars had 6 wheel bogies.

Reply to
Jerry

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote

From memory 'Ruth' was one of the shortie Pullman coaches originally tooled by Tri-ang. I bears no real resemblence to any coach which ran on British metals, and consequently run it on what you like. The original coach would have had 4-wheel bogies.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, it is Hornby-Triang. I thought perhaps someone makes correct

4-wheel bogies for the Pullmans, and if not too expensive, I wouldn't mind using them. Ah well, no matter.

I have some trucks with a longer wheel base, which should look a lot better. Will run it under the Christmas tree, since that's a fantasy railway, and anything goes. ;-)

Thanks.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

They are US prototype trucks, so wheel base is too short, and wheels are too small. They do have RP25 flanges, which is why previous owner replaced the Hornby bogies with those strange things that Hornby believed were wheels.

Yeah, well, I want some correct bogies, and RP25 wheels.

Thanks for the URLs. Helpful.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Do Hornby know that? :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

I'm sure they do, perhaps you could tell Hornby and myself what you know?...

Reply to
Jerry

I just know that Hornby have said that they are going to make produce some 6-wheel Pullmans next year.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Wow, you really have anger issues don't you? But I think we already knew that from your previous rants and attitude filled posts. It's time you got a repeat prescription from your GP methinks.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X