KEEN Couplings

Are Keen Couplings any good ? I am Thinking of buying some for a couple of rakes of Lima mk1 coaches misc

Reply to
Misc

"Misc" wrote

I fitted some of the close-couplers to a couple of Mainline/Bachmann LMS panelled coaches, and after a lot of fettling they proved satisfactory.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Misc

I have them on older Hornby Stanier LMS and Pullman coaches, and they work well. The Pullmans need some cutting out of the floor and the buffer beams replaced. Their corridor connections also improve the look.

Reply to
MartinS

Agree with that. I have been experimenting with fitting some to Southern Pride Mk1 kits. Mr Keen has been very helpful with a couple of pics of a similar project he undertook a while ago.

Added bonus: The pockets the coupling bars fit into can be used to take NEM couplers as well

Elliott Fareham

Reply to
Elliott Cowton