Couplings

I am returning to the sport after an absence of many years. I am slowly building a new collection of rolling stock mostly Bachmann, but some Hornby too. I don't like the Hornby couplings, they are too big and they don't connect too well with the Bachmann ones. Is it possible/feasible to remove the Hornby couplings (from wagons/coaches) and replace them with Bachmann ones? Do Bachmann sell the couplings separately? How difficult is the job to do?

Any advice gratefully received,

Alfie

Reply to
Alfie

I am returning to the sport after an absence of many years. I am slowly building a new collection of rolling stock mostly Bachmann, but some Hornby too. I don't like the Hornby couplings, they are too big and they don't connect too well with the Bachmann ones. Is it possible/feasible to remove the Hornby couplings (from wagons/coaches) and replace them with Bachmann ones? Do Bachmann sell the couplings separately? How difficult is the job to do?

Any advice gratefully received,

Alfie

Reply to
Alfie

Bachmann couplings do fit hornby but you might have to open the outer holes a bit.

Ian Gearing

Reply to
Herman613B

I am returning to the sport after an absence of many years. I am slowly building a new collection of rolling stock mostly Bachmann, but some Hornby too. I don't like the Hornby couplings, they are too big and they don't connect too well with the Bachmann ones. Is it possible/feasible to remove the Hornby couplings (from wagons/coaches) and replace them with Bachmann ones? Do Bachmann sell the couplings separately? How difficult is the job to do?

Any advice gratefully received,

Alfie

Reply to
Alfie

"Alfie" wrote

All my stock is fitted with the Bachmann mini-coupling and that includes items manufactured by Hornby, Airfix, Mainline, Lima and a variety of kit manufactures.

Bachmann couplings are availabily separately, but there are several different variations. Fitting varies from straight forward replacement to the use of some ingenuity. It can be done though with a bit of thought.

John.

Reply to
John Turner