Merry Christmas,

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote in


Which reminds me - Hell is a very popular RR station over here in Norway - the tourists like to get their picture taken when standing in line near the building labelled "Gods expedition".
http://www.forn.no/2139.htm
Btw - "Hell" and "Gods expedition" doesn't mean quite the same thing in Norwegian as it does in English. Hell means "hillside" and "Gods expedition" in old fashioned Norwegian just means "freight office"
Grin, Stein
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Wahabbist are you? Or Talibanist?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:04:10 -0800, jJim McLaughlin wrote:

Ayatollorhoid
--
Steve

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5 Jan 2007 17:02:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Nope, I'm saved also.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You are wrong!
I did... and none of those things happened.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Me neither. I heard "Merry Christmas" in many retail stores this year.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
It is against the law for a store to use that word. A person in the store can at their own risk which is what you heard.
I am not wrong you are only saying that Mathu because you agree with those that want to take Christmas away but are hypocrites because you still celebrate it.
Spender wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12 Jan 2007 08:49:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

So they ran out of grape juice for communion and you drank the koolaid, eh? You sound like the reincarnation of a John Bircher UFO nutter.
--
Steve

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
X-No-Archive
I am still praying for you and your soul to see the light. All good things come in time so I am patient for you.
Steve Caple wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Steve Caple wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2007 08:49:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote: > >>It is against the law for a store to use that word. > > So they ran out of grape juice for communion and you drank the koolaid, eh?
The idiot only drank Kool-Aid to wash down the tabs of LSD, by the sounds of it...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
You are very hostile and a drug user at that. Another thing to pray for about you. The list is getting long but God can handle it I hope.
Mark Newton wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:18:59 +1100, Mark Newton wrote:

Y'know, I'm more and more coming around to the idea that "curt" may well be Spanky redux.
--
Steve

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Steve Caple wrote: > On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:18:59 +1100, Mark Newton wrote: > > >> Really? And you're claiming to be straight? LOL! > > > Y'know, I'm more and more coming around to the idea that "curt" may > well be Spanky redux.
G'day Steve,
I still tend towards that view, but at the same time I'll acknowledge that what Wolf wrote was very, very true - these idiots all sound alike because they're all damaged goods...
Cheers,
Mark.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Yes you are.
I celebrated Christmas at my church and no one stormed my houe nor did lawyers take my kids in a day. (Although a day away from the youngun's is a pleasant thought at times!!!)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:27:06 -0600, Mark Mathu wrote:

Someone should probably look at taking Curt's [imaginary? his fingers?] kids away. Catholic priesta aren't the only sort of bible thumping pervos, and he sounds like one of the really twisted ones. [video of Robert Mitchum with LOVE and HATE tatooed on his knuckles]
--
Steve

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
X-No-Archive
Church yes, public no. So I am right. Read before insulting.
Mark Mathu wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The nutter that claims to be snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:
> It is against the law for a store to use that word.
OK headcase, cite a reference to that law...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 12 Jan 2007 08:49:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:
Curt is an unrepentant top-poster also. Well, I fixed it in this case so that counts as a good work.

What word? "Merry Christmas" is a phrase, made up of two words. And my how many people are taking such risks these days. I heard it quite often.

Do you recall Christ's statement about looking at the beam in one's own eye before pointing out the speck in another's?
Lying is a sin. Until you post a valid reference to a law stating it is illegal to say "Merry Christmas" in a store, you are a liar. And until such proof is posted by you, you will be an unrepentant liar. Good luck in hell.
Whether or not store employees can, should, or are required to say "Merry Christmas" is purely a matter of store policy. The first amendment applies to a store that has a policy of saying "Merry Christmas". Though the first amendment does not apply in the case of a store that forbids employees from saying it (a store can censor employees; the government cannot sensor the store.)
That is just a statement of facts, and a request for your mythical law against saying "Merry Christmas". It wasn't a reply to your last paragraph because your words made no sense and border on the psychotic.
I have no desire to take away Christmas. I want to keep it forever. I spent $995.00, without giving it a second thought, on a 1965 vintage stainless aluminum Christmas tree just because it is the exact same tree our family had when I was young.
But I celebrate Christmas out of tradition, not because of the mythical son of some sky God. Who also happened to be a liar. Refer to the Sermon on the Mount. Ask anything and it shall be done for you? Really? Then where is my winning lottery ticket? Seen any mountains move lately at the behest of some true believer? Neither have I.
So keep praying, not that it does any good. But for a test, here are some objectives:
1: Ask *anything* (and I mean something outrageously improbable) and have it done for you. In fact do it ten times successfully. Prayer is like roulette - you win some you lose some - purely by chance, regardless of what the liar on the Mount said. I can pray to a doorknob and have about 50% of my prayers answered favorably.
2: Move a mountain and cast it into the sea. Jesus said you could do it, so why not give it a whirl? Pick a small, insignificant mountain that nobody will really miss.
3: As part of point 1, please forward to me next Wednesday's winning Powerball numbers. That is a 1 in 146,107,962 chance. That is improbable enough to make Richard Dawkins do a spit take with his morning coffee.
If nothing else, just get something productive done instead of screaming at people and inventing wild conspiracy theories about the government banning Christmas. If you can't do that, then at least pray for a more efficacious tinfoil hat.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
X-No-Archive
Steve, this posting of yours does not make logical sense.
You say people should look at themself before going after others, and then you go after others without looking at yourself.
So yes hell is where you will end up if you do not change and repent which I am praying for daily.
Spender wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 13 Jan 2007 08:31:09 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

The message you replied to was from me, not Steve. Read before replying.
I'll take the rest of you nonsense to mean that you cannot, in fact, come up with a law anywhere in the U.S. prohibiting someone from saying "Merry Chrismas." Try as hard as you like; you won't find one. Or just go ahead and make one up since you are demonstrably prone to believing mythical tales anyway.
As I said, you are un unrepentant liar. If you believe in Christ, you had better rectify the situation by providing proof or retracting your statement.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.