New Inductance

If you make a single loop of wire bent into a circle and pass a regulated 1 amp current through it you will make a "magnetic field". According to Gauss you have to imagine it is there and calculate accordingly. Then comes an extraordinary performance of human intellect beginning with the magnetic shells construction that shows that the field is uniform across the plane of the loop.

According to Carl Popper we should now measure it to see.

Using a compass as a tangent galvanometer with the earth's field as a reference you can measure the relative strength of the field in the region of the magnet by measuring its deflection (according to the field theory). I have done this and the field is about three times higher near the wire than at the centre. This disproves the magnetic shell construction.

Another basic algorithm is the idea that a series of loops is like one loop multiplied. Well if you do the same thing for six turns then the compass measurement is the same near the wire than at the centre.

This shows that the basic algorithm of what is true on one is true of many as one times the number of repetitions, is false.

I would like to propose a different model: that the magnet is responding to spin-spin interactions as a quantum mechanical effect. These are entirely electrostatic in nature.

The magnetic field does not exist it is fictitious.

The model of the magnetic effect of current is in reality the Lorenz contraction of the moving electrons relative to the fixed charges in the wire and the electrostatic force is mediated by virtual photons.

Since the electrons always occupy the same space in the wire even though they are moving it shows that special relativity is an effect like perspective.

The inductive effect is in reality caused by the acceleration of electrons. Now these little charged particles are governed by quantum mechanics and the energy states up the ladder are discontinuous and the electrons jump from one state to the next the two states overlap and during the transition a fluctuation occurs and a photon emission occurs, just like the hydrogen spectrum.

This photon interacts with just one electron in another wire or the same wire and imparts momentum and energy to change the electron from its original state to its new state. This also means that the photon carries momentum both linear and angular and energy.

This is both mutual and self inductance.

Chris

Reply to
The Real Chris

See:

Sam Wormley

Look at Smith-Purcell radiation and see if your charges aren't moving waaaay too slow for the effect you are assuming.

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:38:42 GMT, "The Real Chris" Gave us:

You're an idiot. The only thing that you have proven is that you do not know how to make observations and include all influences in your examination of any observances.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:38:42 GMT, "The Real Chris" Gave us:

Ever heard of a transformer, idiot?

I have made them that transform 3 turn primaries into 4000 turn secondaries, and the math all works.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Reply to
The Real Chris

Reply to
The Real Chris

I've no reason for any contention regarding this. It is a different phenomina. Here more of the photons leaving the exciter get collected by the secondary. It is of course possible that some photons get used more than once or twice.

Reply to
The Real Chris

Thank you, I tell you where you can see a lobotomised nude lady human robot dancing in a sexy idiot dancing show. Morely college London, You might need a pass to get past the guard and you might end up as one yourself.

They generally have to catch her after and re-attach her lead otherwise she skips off down the street to play with her toys.

Chris.

Reply to
The Real Chris

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:04:17 GMT, "The Real Chris" Gave us:

Stop top posting, you retarded twit.

The transformer is a long rectangle with the primary at one end and the secondary at the other. ALL flux is transferred via the core. Once and only once.

That last line pegs you squarely as a loon.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I have no idea where you get the idea that the field should be uniform. Indeed, a quick computation shows that for a loop of 1mm square wire in a circle of radius 250 mm and a current of 1A, the B field at the center is 25 Gauss, and at radius 240 mm it is 213 Gauss -- far from uniform.

[Yes, I have a program that can easily compute this; it took me about 3 minutes to set it up and run it for this geometry.]

For my values above, one will not achieve ~10% uniformity until the coil is more than 250 mm long. That's a lot more than 6 turns. But your compass has very poor resolution (far worse than 10%).

Your discussion gives no support for this contention at all. Indeed, you seem to be measuring a magnetic field....

Tom Roberts

Reply to
Tom Roberts

transformin dc!? fool

Reply to
my mother

right, but his idea of photon exchangind make sense

Reply to
my mother

The Real Chris top-posted:

and wrote earlier:

Is there some way you can relate this Lorenz contraction to the velocity of a electon in a conductor or electron beam? I have seen a formula for that somewhere.

The photon energy you cite would depend on atomic emission and absorbtion would it not? So we could perhaps turn off the lights and watch the magnetism being formed.

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...

On 15 Jul 2006 13:49:55 -0700, "my mother" Gave us:

Actually, it is quite possible, and is the very basis for how a car ignition coil works.

A standing DC field is placed on the "transformer" and upon release of the DC current, the field snaps back down and the collapse yields a stepped up voltage at the secondary.

Got clue?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 15 Jul 2006 14:38:06 -0700, "Sue..." Gave us:

You guys seem attracted to each other. Is it "animal magnetism"?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Hi Sue,

Have a look at my web page on

and there is those formulas there.

Chris.

Reply to
The Real Chris

So what velocity do I put in the formula?

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...

Dude, I think you finally pissed all the electrons off. They're not delivering this page:

I just get a 404 error.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On this page:

You say: "Another improvement is a copper screen round the outer winding and another one round the inner winding to act as a screen against photons escaping thus reducing losses still further."

Have you actually built this thing? That copper screen will form what we in the EE biz call "a shorted turn".

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.