Oiltester.

I have an old oiltester, it is a BAUR PGO that can generate up to

90.000 kV and i want to use it but i dont know how it work or if it works. Does any one have some plans or anything about this tester? Thanks in advance. CLT
Reply to
CLT

Just what are you planning on using it for?

We quit using electric arc tester for transformer oil more than 15 years ago. Just not enough information. Ya you can check di-electric properties but that is it. We do a dissolved gas analysis now. Allows us to spot problems long before they become critical. At least we hope so.

Reply to
SQLit

No, it doesn't generate 90,000 kV.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Shymanski

Our chemistry lab does both, DGA with gas chromotography and arc testing together with IR measurements and loss angle (tan delta) measurements.

As an EE the chemistry is a bit of a black art to me. Every time they take the trouble to explain it I do understand it BUT by next day I've forgotten it again.

Horses for courses....

I'm sure the original poster knew it was 90kV........

Danny Indyk C.Eng C.Phys

Reply to
Daniel Indyk