Phase shift in an R/C circuit

I am taking an analog course and right now I'm working on a capacitor and resistor series circuit.
I have a Freq of 5MHz at 1vrms, 636pf, and a 50 ohm resistor. My impedance
is 70.71ohms at -45 degrees.
My question is, how do I figure out what 45 degrees is in time on a scope?
thanks

360 degress is one cycle of the waveform in question.
45 degrees is 1/8 cycle.
Use the set the timebase & adjust the X gain so one cycle is 8 horizontal divisions, 45 degees is then one division.
--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk
in article pxV7d.62893$He1.60446@attbi_s01, Peter at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 10/3/04 9:12 AM:

You have problems that cannot be solved here.
Bill