Phase shift in an R/C circuit

I am taking an analog course and right now I'm working on a capacitor and resistor series circuit.

I have a Freq of 5MHz at 1vrms, 636pf, and a 50 ohm resistor. My impedance is 70.71ohms at -45 degrees.

My question is, how do I figure out what 45 degrees is in time on a scope?

thanks

Reply to
Peter

360 degress is one cycle of the waveform in question. 45 degrees is 1/8 cycle.

Use the set the timebase & adjust the X gain so one cycle is 8 horizontal divisions, 45 degees is then one division.

Reply to
Brian Reay

in article pxV7d.62893$He1.60446@attbi_s01, Peter at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 10/3/04 9:12 AM:

You have problems that cannot be solved here.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle