Phase Shifting for Fun & Profit.

I am a novice in the field of electronics, but am curious about the plans I found in an old book, circa 1960, about building a simple phase shifter to sidestep the monthly electric bill.

The circuit is simple, 3 Capacitors wired in parallell to a seires of

1 resistor and 1 fuse.

-----------------R1---F1----> | | | C1 C2 C3 | | |

---------------------------->

Reply to
Anthony David Adams

They must be pretty big Caps!

What I believe they are trying to do (off the top of my head) is twart the electric companies power factor correction scheme. What book was that?

Reply to
Mike

???? And what 'power factor correction scheme' would that be???

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom