Power Adaptor Replacement...Will This Work?

please excuse my ignorance...
my keyboard (Korg X50) just died, and i determined that the power supply is fried. i ordered another one, but it's going to take a few
weeks to arrive, and i need to use this keyboard daily.
so i purchased a temporary power supply from radio shack, which seems to have the same specs...but i don't know much about this stuff, and i don't want to damage my new keyboard. i haven't plugged it in yet because i'm looking for some educated confirmation...will this radio shack adaptor work for a few weeks?:
radio shack adaptor:
http://www.thebrotherkite.com/stuff/radioshackpower.jpg
original adaptor:
http://www.thebrotherkite.com/stuff/korgpower.jpg
any feedback is greatly appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The Radio Shack power supply should work just fine. You have to make sure that the output plug is connected so that the center pin is polarized (+) positive. If you look on the Korg power supply, you will see that the center pin is (+) positive part of the connector. The salesman at the RS store should be able to show you how to properly orient the plug halves to get the correct polarity.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Roy QT, i thought i just had to match the output specs? you're comparing the input specs of the Korg (.4mA) to the output specs of Radio Shack (1500mA). i see the output specs of both adaptors is 1500mA...am i incorrect?
Uncle Monster...thank you for your input. the tip can be tip/hot or tip/cold, and i'll be sure that it's set up to be tip/positive. so your opinion is it should work fine?
i'm just a bit confused because i've gotten two conflicting replies...
(thanks!)

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Uncle Monster is correct. Either supply will work fine, as long as the plug polarity is proper. Ignore Roy's response.
--
Benjamin D Miller, PE
www.bmillerengineering.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No problem, your original power supply looks like what's called a switching power supply which is very light in weight compared to the RS unit which I assume is much heavier. The reason for the weight, if that's the case, is that the RS power supply is a shunt regulator which has a heavy transformer. Both supplies will put out nice clean DC power, they just go about it in a different way. Like I implied, the instructions with the RS power supply should show you how to orient the two little pins on the DC plug to get the correct polarity. I have several of the Radio Shack power supplies and they work well.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Def; Superior experience in your field of work: You've burned up more equipment than anyone else.
thanks guys. i used it tonight, and everything was fine. phew...