Power Factor Correction

I?m thinking about my $25 E, H signal level meter but it?s only 10kHz to 3GHz and measures in V/m and uT/m

Using a dipole antenna loaded with an LC filter tuned to swamp any RF abov e 10kHz and a large loop antenna with the same, I think it?s possib le to measure power factor remotely then aggregate the field measurements t o compare with the power studies to determine which load networks will bene fit from a low Q Cap loading on a transmission line modelled on Falstad? ??s with a delay line network simulation.

AC motors usually draw a bit more than 5 times the rated load current on st art up which when unloaded means it?s about 50 times with zero load , so effectively it?s 98% VAR, or 2% of then determine the cyclica l nature of motor work during the day and the distribution of loads from st eady, variable , start-stop, arc welding , old fashioned HPS street lamps a nd determine which of loads will save on maintenance costs with some sort o f threshold model.

The best tools are the one you know how to use and you will wish you knew M B Hydro?s PSTools (?). It I know Falstad?s web simulator re ally well is capable of good simulations on transmission lines in time or s pectral domain.

Anyways if there was a PO, I could design my idea for a non-contact EH PF t ester.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart

[...]

Brain fart on the motor?s PF from startup to no load to full load , that?s just the real power change , anyways a portable DSO in XY m ode for HE fields , calibrated ought to measure the average 3 phase imbalan ce which may be accurate enuf to estimate the sum with a near field non con tact set of measurements, measured in three 1km spacing where the phases ro tate.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart