Punch down tools for 66 and 110 blocks

Hi all:
I am doing a cat 5 network installation using a Leviton 110 block as a central distribution to a star network. I have seen the Ideal and Harris
punch down tools but have not had a chance to use them. What is the experience of the group regarding these or other name brand tools and where would be a good internet site to purchase it.
TIA.
Regards,
Ray R

I've tried a few punchdown tools and find the Krone one with integral clipper the best. However, I'm not familiar with Leviton blocks, so I can't guarantee it works well with that. In my experience in the UK, our blocks are all Krone or something extremely compatible with Krone.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Krone isn't widely used in the US, and the Krone punch-down tool won't work on 110 blocks. I use a Harris D814 tool with and Ever-Sharp dual 100/66 blade, but be prepared to spend upwards of US$100 for the combination. The Harris punchdown tools come standard either without a blade or with a 66 blade only, probably because the sell millions of them to the Telcos, which still use 66 extensively. You may want to look at the Paladin SurePunch tool, which comes with a dual 110/66 blade for < US$60. Both tools accept a wide variety of blades, including BIX and Krone.
Al
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I tend to like Harris's D914. They work great and they're easy on the hands.
http://www.jensentools.com/product/group.asp?parent_idf310 http://www.jensentools.com/product/group.asp?parent_idT160
Of course there are other places you can buy them.
writes:

Harris
where
Thanks very much for your replies. I went ahead and bought the Harris D-814 from Jensen. It comes in a kit with a plastic case and the cutter bits for several types of blocks. Expensive but it will keep all the little pieces in one place where I can find them when I need them. Thanks again
Ray R

where
never before heard of Krone. I guess they are either not available in the US or not very widely used here. The D814 has a tool for that type block.

Pricy but if you don't lose it you will pass it down to your kids. It never hurts to buy the best