Question about disconnects

I need to supply three subpanels from the main power drop: 1-200 AMP, 2-50 AMP.

What kind of disconnect should I use? Do I need a 3-lug, 300 AMP or is there a better, less expensive alternative.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Reply to
Randell Tarin

What is the fault current rating of your system? That will decide if you need an certain king of fuses. You can get an 200 amp disconnects in several configurations. The 60 amp ones will be the same. Since these are sub panels you will need an ground kit for each so that the neutrals can be separated. With out the fault current it is impossible to point you into an specific solution. Type "J" fuses will usually work on most applications. Then you match the fuses to the disconnects. Verify wire sizes and lug sizes before jumping into the fray

Sounds to me like you need some local help from a pro.

Reply to
SQLit

You really have to look at the whole system to see what the best/cheapest solution is but sometimes it is better to splice (I dare not say "tap") the service conductors in a gutter and use 3 disconnects. It certainly gives you better control of the loads.

Reply to
Greg

What is the application? Is this for your home, a shop, a touring rock and roll tour? Also what country? Different building codes in different places.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer