Re: Bus Bars for 12 Volt Car Stereo System

Tom Grqyson wrote:

Huh??
Huh??
HUH???
Speak up dammit! I can't hear you!
--
Registered Linux User http://counter.li.org
Don't get mad . . . . Get Linux

Look at companies that assemble room sized UPS systems. They have exactly what you want, some even in shiny tinned copper. A lot of those systems are designed with a big "show" factor too. When the CEO is getting off a substantial part of a million bucks they want a show.
For a 3000 amp bus I would run LEDs along the bus. you could get the sequentially operated used in the turn signal of some Cadillacs. The flashing leds would show the power visually flowing. It would be cooler if you could vary the speed with either frequency of the music or volume.

purpose?
three
materials,
OK at this point I have given up on actually getting help... Now I am reading all these post merley for entertainment...
I love how this guy can tell how much car audio systems in general can put out... Its clear he has never seen an SPL system and it completly ignorant of what they can and can't do.
and for the guy with the "Slide Rule" that said it was ""ludicrously oversized"", if you would have read the entire post and actually considered what I was attempting to do and all the reasons for what I wanted to do.... In car shows and such, Overkill is extra points...
Most of the people that responeded to this most likley run a ""Hi End"" (note the sarcasim) DelcoBose (or something simmilar) system or went to best buy and had them drop in a ""High End"" system (nose sarcasim, again) with a 1 or 2 small rockford amps and a 129.00 headunit.....
Keep the Sarcastic posts and non helpful comments comming... I am actually enjoying this...

considered
do....
In engineering, overkill costs you the tender.
For example, I know of at least one multi-million dollar tender for transit busses that a vendor lost because the connectors in the wiring harness were *slightly* better (and *slightly* more costly) than the connectors in the competitor's busses.
Why stop at "ludicrously oversized"? You can get 12 inch Schedule 80 copper pipe, you know. ( I've seen this used in places where its not ludicrously oversized, though, at least not as long as the cooling water stays on).
I would never say that sound pressure levels are the stupidest form of competition ever devised by the mind of man, but then I know I don't know of many that are greatly stupider.
Bill
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:37:36 -0500, "Bill Shymanski"
"Stupider"??? Hahahaha... Try "more stupid" next time. You won't look so much more stupid than you really are.