Simple tone control?

I want adjustment of at least 2 bands. Not a 10-band equalizer, though... ;-)
Thanks.
This looks a lot like the kind of tone controls mass-market consumer-electronics equipment has been using for the past 60 years.
I don't know /exactly/ what your plans are, but the 1kHz corner frequency is about the worst possible if you're trying to correct errors in the speakers you're designing.
Unless you want a "tone control" that produces shrill treble and boomy bass, you need to move the treble corner up, and the bass down.
Furthermore, it would make sense to design the speakers first, and see what sort of correction they need. There are plenty of inexpensive drivers with relatively flat response (if you believe the spec sheets). Neither they nor most recordings will need much in the way of correction, so the best tone control would be one that supplies small amounts of boost and cut at the frequency extremes.
Unless you're looking for lots of boom and sizzle.
There are plenty of op-amps with a wider voltage range -- the 5534 and TL-074 come to mind, but these are rather old designs. I'm sure someone will be able to recommend something newer.

_________________ Is *that* why many boomboxes and home stereos(cheap ones) have a tone knob labeled "Bass< >Treble"?
All I notices with those is that turning it to the left made the sound muffled and to the right made the sound more tinny/hissy. I didn't notice that the bass was being boosted when the knob turned left or that it was being reduced when turned right.
-CC

These pots on the circuit references aren't on a common shaft.
In other words, you can have muffled *and* tinny/hissy! ;-)
Dave