Source for1800 rpm alternator/generator?

Does anyone know of a manufacture of 1800 rpm generators or alternators?

Reply to
Al Smith

| Does anyone know of a manufacture of 1800 rpm | generators or alternators?

phil-news-nospam

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for, but my French isn't so good.

Reply to
Al Smith

Are you looking for onezie-twozies or production quantities?

Reply to
Steve Cothran

And search either with generator or alternator...

Reply to
Petri Vatilo

About 15 years ago, our company got tired of hauling export goods across town for product test (hard to trouble shoot on a borrowed system). So we bought a reconditioned 5 kW synchronous motor to

1-phase generator (via 6/5 timing belt) from these folks. One service problem in that time that they talked us through, no charge. Due to shift from frequency sensitive product, usage has dropped from days / month to hours per year, but we do still fire it up for a few minutes each time we convert to 230V.

Bob Schultz

--s falke

Reply to
s falke

At least for now, onezie-twozies.

Actually, it is not really what I am looking for, but it will do.

I have a source of mechanical power that I want to convert to electric power. The source is variable: 10 rpm to 60 rpm Power at 10 rpm: ~ 500 Watts Power at 60 rpm ~ 5 kW

I can use a series of chains and sprockets to get the speed to

1800 rpm. 3600 is just not practical.

Reply to
Al Smith

Interesting. Where do the get the 10-pole generators?

Reply to
Al Smith

Shoot, for a test I would hop over to Hardydiesel.com and get one of the Mec-Alte's that he sells. I have one of their teeny gennys with a Mec-Alte on it and it has never given trouble in about 1000 hours.

Reply to
Steve Cothran

Honda

Reply to
ehsjr

Go with belts and pullies. It's safer, cheaper and easier to get belts if you use standard automotive sizes. If torque is high enough you can double or triple belt. Don't forget to install guards.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Reply to
B2431

There are PTO (Power Take Off) generators that are designed to connect to the PTO output of farm type tractors. You would still have to "gear up" to the expected PTO rotation (400 to 500) but after that everything is done for you.

I don't have a source but you can "google" it or ask some folks on rural NGs about such stuff.

Reply to
John Gilmer