Transformer Question

I have a three-phase transformer wired Delta/Delta with a 460v primary and 325v secondary.
If I were to re-wire the secondary so that the transformer is Delta/Wye,
what would my secondary voltage be.
I'm guessing that I'll will now have 325v to neutral and 562v(325 X 1.73) leg to leg.
Or is it more complicated than that.
in article nlxnd.330988$a85.4750@fed1read04, noone at snipped-for-privacy@aol.net wrote on 11/19/04 5:45 PM:

That seems about right.
Bill
| I have a three-phase transformer wired Delta/Delta with a 460v primary and | 325v secondary. | | If I were to re-wire the secondary so that the transformer is Delta/Wye, | what would my secondary voltage be. | | I'm guessing that I'll will now have 325v to neutral and 562v(325 X 1.73) | leg to leg. | | Or is it more complicated than that.
Closer to 563 volts when using a more accurate value for sqrt(3) such as 1.732 or better. Minor difference.
Of course you are assuming your input really is 460 volts. Are you sure? It might be. Or it might be 480 volts. Or something around there. Just be sure your load utilization voltage is around what you will end up with based on your real supply volyage.
One complication is that you do now have a higher phase to phase voltage that certain parts in the transformer or the wiring or the panels fed by this voltage are not listed or rated to handle.
And be sure the common point is the one that is grounded. Does the transformer have enough terminal posts to do this?
Thanks for input guys. The primary on the tranformer has various taps for 460,480,or 435. Either way 563 volts is way high.
While the manual for SCR drive say it can be fed from an ungrounded source, the print for the rest of the unit shows a wye secondary with a the neutral being used for chassis ground. With all the microprocessors and communication wiring, the manufacturer wants the ground.
So the manufacturer is sending new transformers,(there fault anyways)
.

Are you sure that you can actually rewire the coils? Will your company/customer take all liability for the change? Seems an risky thing to do with insurance companies as pissy as they are today.

| |> I have a three-phase transformer wired Delta/Delta with a 460v primary and |> 325v secondary. |> |> If I were to re-wire the secondary so that the transformer is Delta/Wye, |> what would my secondary voltage be. |> |> I'm guessing that I'll will now have 325v to neutral and 562v(325 X 1.73) |> leg to leg. |> |> Or is it more complicated than that. | | Are you sure that you can actually rewire the coils? Will your | company/customer take all liability for the change? Seems an risky thing to | do with insurance companies as pissy as they are today.
I think he just means to change the configuration of how the 3 windings are attached. Going from delta to wye is conceptually simple. Of course there needs to be enough terminal attachments, and long enough wires.
Hello! I need 9+ KV for a project I am doing. However, I only have 6KV transformers, tops. Is there anyway I can connect more than one 6KV transformer to get the needed voltage (perhaps in series?)
Cheers, Apollo