Who makes a continuous online UPS with 240v in 120v out?

Why not put a 240:120V stepdown transformer ahead of the UPS? Then you can use any standard UPS that meets your other requirements.

Try this site. Has stepdown transformers up to 15kW rating.

Other possible sources:

Christopher P. Winter

| On 7 Dec 2004 04:15:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote: | |>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:20:30 -0600 Brian wrote: |>

|>| Not right off hand. 120/208v 50a in and 120/240v 50a out. 7'4" x 3' x 3'. |>

|>This is to go on a dedicated circuit with 2 wires plus ground, AWG 12. |>That circuit is now 120 volts and will be changed to 240 volts to up |>the capacity. So a 50 amp UPS is out of the question. | | Why not put a 240:120V stepdown transformer ahead of the UPS? Then you can | use any standard UPS that meets your other requirements.

Cost.

But really. Why should I need to convert the voltage. A continuous online double-conversion UPS is basically an AC to DC converter and a DC to AC inverter. Why not combine a 240V AC to DC convert and a DC to

120V AC inverter? They do make 40 amp 120V UPSes, but these require a very expensive special circuit to be wired in. A 20 amp 240V circuit would be much less costly and can even be done with existing dedicated wiring. So a UPS which handles 15 or 20 amps in at 240 volts and 30 or 40 amps out at 120 volts would be have uses. It would probably have even more uses than one with 240 volts out.

Still, most PCs can be run on 240 volts, so why not? I think the various issues have been sorted out for doing that.

| Try this site. Has stepdown transformers up to 15kW rating. | | |

Wrong plug. Wrong receptacle.

| Other possible sources: | |

$1095 and up.

No pricing.