Wifi device connected to landline

I don't have an electrical engineering background. I wanted to know if it's possible to make a device, that is wifi capable, and connects to your landline.

It should be able to capture the phone signal and provide a dial tone to the phone device. Also it would dial the specified number like a regular phone would do without the device.

Can you install a cache sorta memory into the device

A display for the device to display textual information, with scroll feature

How complicated would that be to make ? and how expensive ? what would be the portability of that device ? Can it run on batteries and power ?

Reply to
UW

your talking about a wireless handset

UW wrote: