looking for HiTechnic sensors

Hi, all... I've just gotten started with Mindstorms, and am massively frustrated with the limitations of the sensors available direct from LEGO. HiTechnic seems to have produced exactly the sort of stuff I'd like to get my hands on (multiplexors, IR proximity and short reach IR sensors, ultrasonic range sensors, etc.). Does anyone have some of these sensors that aren't being used anymore with which they'd be willing to part? Or, alternately, is there another source similar to HiTechnic which manufactures higher-end LEGO sensors?

Please email at snipped-for-privacy@intelli.com.

Many thanks,

-d

Reply to
Dan Mauer

I taught two weeks of robotics to kids grade 7-9 here, using the Legos Mindstorms kit. I found that you can make your own very easily if you use those long extension cables. I potted some things in epoxy inside some of the larger Lego blocks and they remained usable as Legos in the process. You can run your wiring through a small hole drilled in the block and assemble your custom sensor in it. I know this is different from what you want, but it opens up a lot of possibilities. And if you stay within that 9 volt limit and make it match the wiring of the contact switches or light sensors, you won't have any problems.

Cheers!

Chip Shults My robotics, space and CGI web page -

Sir Charles W. Shults III