I Core Pick

I am looking for I Core Pick. I've seen them on web site, but I don't know
where. Anyone know where they are available? Any one know if they work?
William
Reply to
William S. Gilman
You can buy it at Lockmasters,
or you can buy it from Peterson,
They do work but you have to be a skilled lock picker to pick something like a Best IC.
Reply to
Rich
he is going to be (Peterson) in Ark the 6th to put on a talk, too... I am going to get some tools...boys and the toys, you know...
--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk
Reply to
--Shiva--
Funny that this came up recently. I had to pick a Schlage 6 pin small format IC. It was to a store-room that wasn't in the internal MK system, and nobody had a key. I am certainly not a very talented lock picker, but will put some time into it before just drilling, (generating a Purchase order costs the site more than the parts, unless I am destroying a number of locks).
I used a common hook lifter and thought I only hooked six pins, (that's how untalented I am). The cylinder turned about 10 degrees with a lot of pressure on the lever, it dawned on me that I must have caught the release pin. I then used the hook and the core came right out.
Now on the Best IC system, I don't know of any way to pick out the core, without first generating a turning combination. They're hard enough, (time consuming), to pick for that even without spooled drivers.
Reply to
warblingostrich
With typically three shear lines pinned into an IC, Two at the plug shear line and one at the control shear line, in a 6 pin core you end up with 64 possibilities to pick the plug and one for the control sleeve. Not impossible, just unlikely unless you stack the odds in your favor with an IC wrench or another method. You should have bought a lottery ticket that day. BBE.
warbl>
> > > I am looking for I Core Pick. I've seen them on web site, but I don't know > > > where. Anyone know where they are available? Any one know if they work? > > > William > > > > You can buy it at Lockmasters,
or you can buy it > > from Peterson,
They do work but you > > have to be a skilled lock picker to pick something like a Best IC. > > Funny that this came up recently. I had to pick a Schlage 6 pin small > format IC. It was to a store-room that wasn't in the internal MK > system, and nobody had a key. I am certainly not a very talented lock > picker, but will put some time into it before just drilling, > (generating a Purchase order costs the site more than the parts, > unless I am destroying a number of locks). > > I used a common hook lifter and thought I only hooked six pins, > (that's how untalented I am). The cylinder turned about 10 degrees > with a lot of pressure on the lever, it dawned on me that I must have > caught the release pin. I then used the hook and the core came right > out. > > Now on the Best IC system, I don't know of any way to pick out the > core, without first generating a turning combination. They're hard > enough, (time consuming), to pick for that even without spooled > drivers.
Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.
Not all that lucky. The Schlage small format IC uses only a 7th pin to remove the core. Now, If I ever get a Best IC out that way,...
Reply to
warblingostrich
Oh, then we are talking about different things. Schlage invented the term SFIC as a generic name for any core that is a direct replacement for Best when they started offering one. By using that term we no longer have to say Best/Falcon/Arrow/KSP etc.
In addition that generated the term LFIC, (Large Format Interchangeable Core), which can be applied to any brand specific core that is larger than Best. That is the one you are talking about, the Schlage LFIC. It does indeed have a 7th pin for the control lug and you are right in that picking that is fairly normal. Your use of the wrong name for the core misled me, it wasn't a small format. BBE.
warbl>
> > With typically three shear lines pinned into an IC, Two at the plug > > shear line and one at the control shear line, in a 6 pin core you end up > > with 64 possibilities to pick the plug and one for the control sleeve. > > Not impossible, just unlikely unless you stack the odds in your favor > > with an IC wrench or another method. You should have bought a lottery > > ticket that day. > > BBE. > > > > > Not all that lucky. The Schlage small format IC uses only a 7th pin > to remove the core. Now, If I ever get a Best IC out that way,...
Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Site Timeline