Desparately seeking thermophysical properties data

I am writing an article for eGullet.com about cookware, and I among the things I hope to do is describe the differences in the thermal properties of various cookware materials. Thus far, I have the following from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics:

Spec Ht Density Thermal Cond (J/g K) (g/cm^3) (W/cm/K) ------- -------- ----------- Al 0.897 2.70 2.27 Cu 0.385 8.96 4.01 Fe 0.449 7.87 0.80

What I would really like to have is similar and comparable figures for stainless steel and carbon steel in the types that would normally used for cookware**. I understand that specific heat and thermal conductivity change depending on the temperature, so what would really be useful would be numbers that were directly comparable with those I have given above.

**For stainless steel I guess these would be 18/10, 18/8, 302, 304 and 316... I have a feeling that some of these are the same thing(?), but I am not quite sure so any explanation would be welcome.

My thanks to anyone who has such numbers handy and could help me with some information.

Sam

Reply to
SLK

Most of the less expensive Al cookware (drawn) is 3003 alloy if that helps.

Reply to
Gregg