electroless plating nickel graphite

Respect Sir, I'm a PH.D student, i am developing metal Matrix Composite ( MMC) of aluminum and graphite . I will do the electroless deposition of copper
or nickel on the graphite powder.
So, Do I have to sensitize and activate the graphite powder at 380C first and then later on do the electroless deposition of nickel or copper.
The main problem is the nickel was not deposed on the graphite . May you help me specially that i try to work without the palladium activation . Do you have any idea about the composition of the bath ?!
Please guide me.
yes , u can do it!!!but u must Repeat it if u result wouldnot good.