Help: Material Recommendation

I am searching for a durable material that I can shape/grind with the Dremel.
This material has to be able to withstand the heat of a soldering iron,
and I will have to grind it into shapes that have 90 degree angles.(ie blocks).
Color and texture are not relevant.
If anyone is familiar with any material that might fit my needs and where to get it I'd appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
Searcher7 wrote:

Soapstone. Some forms contain asbestos, so be careful about that.
How long is it exposed to the soldering iron? If it's short, you could use wood, but soak it in water before soldering.
Plaster could be cast to near-shape, then ground to final shape.
Searcher7 wrote:

How durable doe the part have to be? Can it be porous? If you are looking for durable - yet easy to cut with a Dremel and has fine pores..... I would recommend the following: Bisque fired whiteware - you can fire it to the desired hardness. Bisque fired alumina. Lava Rock - a fine pore grade, not the stuff you use in your gas grill cordierite ceramic
Try http://www.superiortechceramics.com/materials/ for a start
Plasters will tend to degrade above at temperatures > 140 Refractory cement maybe an option.
Gregg