Grinding Heat Resistance Materials

I'm designing a special holder that would have to encounter heat no more extreme than that from a soldering iron.
I'm not too familiar with ceramics, phenolic, or bakelite, but would
appreciate advice on which if these or other materials can be ground to tight 90 degree angles and tolerances without crumbling or chipping.
Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.