Moulding conductive layer

Can anyone offer suggestions on how I can apply a rigid conductive layer upon a moulded clay object whereby it may be cut in half and
removed as a rigid shell.
The shell must be smooth inside and out, so foil is not an option. It would need to be a liquid application, maybe built up in layers.
Conductivity should be at least as good as copper.
George
George Martin wrote:

Use conductive epoxy. You can make it by yourself, mix copper or silver powder with epoxy, be sure to exceed the percolation threshold or it will not work. Or use as much as possible to get the best conductivity.

Almost impossible except if you put pure solid copper or silver onto your model. I don't know the size of your clay object, but for small objects you could galvanize it to usable thickness after applying silver conductive paint or conductive epoxy.
Andreas Rutz
George Martin wrote:

Two possibilities: 1. Electroless plating followed by electroplating to the required thickness. 2. Thermal metal spray.

Why liquid? Thermal metal spray is an aerosol of hot droplets of molten metal from a special spray gun. Typically, the metal comes from a wire which is fed into an electric arc, and compressed air propels it toward the target.
http://www.sulzermetco.com/eprise/Sulzermetco/Sites/Products/ThermalSprayProducts/overview.html