Need source for Cobalt electrode or advice on casting Co

I need a cobalt electrode. The only way I have found to buy cobalt is in pieces. The latest delivery from Spectrum is really small pieces.
I need an electrode n dined to be able to assess the surface area.
Can I melt cobalt to make a plate or square electrode? I thought I would make a mold out of fire brick and put cobalt chunks in it, cover it with a good layer of Black flux (Potassium salts of Boron & Fluorine) and heat it with an oxy-acetylene torch.
I would sincerely appreciate any comments anyone cared to make aobut this situation. Does anyone know a source for a cobalt electrode that is flat and square? Does anyone have any comments on the casting process described above?
Thanks, Tom