nitriding

Dear friends
I have been reading about nitriding and it's applications for surface hardening of H13 steels. I found that it can be done in salt bath
furnace,gas furnace or plasma which the last one is very expensive. I want to use nitriding for surface hardening of hot forging dies and I want to know which problems may be occur in future if I use salt bath furnace (except pollution).
Thanks Mahdi
On 5 Apr 2004 02:19:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mahdi) wrote:

Only the kinds of problems you'd expect from a big urn full of a red hot substance of which a gram or so is fatal in seconds....
Brian W

Another option is fluidized bed nitriding. It acts like salt bath nitriding and is practically nonpolluting. Zbigniew Rogalski
In your position I would call my local heat treatment company, they generally have a metalurgist on the staff & heaps of practical/economical solutions, backed by years of practical experience. You could compare the advice from several such sources & maybe do some trials.
Rgds, Pete