nitriding

Dear friends
I have been reading about nitriding and it's applications for surface
hardening of H13 steels. I found that it can be done in salt bath
furnace,gas furnace or plasma which the last one is very expensive.
I want to use nitriding for surface hardening of hot forging dies and
I want to know which problems may be occur in future if I use salt
bath furnace (except pollution).
Thanks
Mahdi
Reply to
Mahdi
Only the kinds of problems you'd expect from a big urn full of a red hot substance of which a gram or so is fatal in seconds....
Brian W
Reply to
Brian Whatcott
U¿ytkownik "Mahdi" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
Another option is fluidized bed nitriding. It acts like salt bath nitriding and is by far safer and practically nonpolluting. Zbigniew Rogalski
Reply to
Zbigmiew Rogalski
In your position I would call my local heat treatment company, they generally have a metalurgist on the staff & heaps of practical/economical solutions, backed by years of practical experience. You could compare the advice from several such sources & maybe do some trials.
Rgds, Pete
Reply to
Peter O

Site Timeline