Miniaturized tactile/force sensors (load cells)

Dear friends,
I am looking for miniaturized tactile/force sensors (load cells). I want a sensor of the size of approximatelly 10-15mm (diameter),
thin enough, which will have as output an analog voltage (0-10V) and be able to read this voltage through a DAQ board, in order to quantify applied force.
Due to the fact that I want to cover a large surface with these sensors, I would use approximatelly 100 such sensors.
I would be very gratefull if you provide my with links for such sensors.
Thanks
P.A.
Have you looked into piezo based sensors (strain gages, impact sensors etc) They can be pretty cheap ($0.25) for a piezo buzzer disk (little speaker, but makes a great impact sensor)
You have to share more about your project, if I had to hazard a guess, Id guess your working on some sort of robot skin with tactile sensors? Close?
In any event piezo disks would meet most your requirements. These are the key to most electronic drum pads by the way. (there's is another electronic drum pad material, FSR rubber, but its resistive and doesn't put out any voltage directly, though, like any resistor you can pass a voltage through it and measure the drop via your AD converters.
They put out very small voltages, but are pretty dang consistent.
So, tell us more about your project? Thanks

danscott wrote:

Those would work only if all you cared about was dynamic input. Piezo sensors can't measure static forces.
http://www.androidworld.com/prod30.htm FSRs $4 each
--

Paul Crouch
www.outsider.plus.com
Paul wrote:

This (or something similar) is a potential candidate, but at nearly $600 it's a little pricey for something that's essentially just a glorified 32 channel ADC. And it only has an antiquated parallel port interface. I'd be hesitant to buy anything this expensive without I2C, or at least one of the RS-xxx protocols.
Chris
Just buy the sensors themselves at $4 each, interface to a PIC or similar.