Any info available on Honda's running controller for ASIMO?

I'm looking for information about the control algorithms used to control running on Honda's new ASIMO, the new version announced December 15, 2004.

I've seen their press releases and web sites, and read their old patents. But is there anything more substantive available? Are they handing out any technical papers at their public demos? Thanks.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle

Good luck with your search.

As far as I can tell, Honda presents Asimo more as entertainment than as technology.

And they seem to be rather secretive about the whole thing.

I attended the presentation when it came to Toronto. It was very cute, very non technical and I was disappointed to find that no questions were allowed.

I came away with a clear plastic Amimo ruler! Wow. Wee!!!

If you make enquiries directly from the company you are likely to meet with the inscrutable, inscrutable! :-(

YMMV and if you do manage to find out anything more than just PR fluff, would you be kind enough to post to this group?

Regards, DOC

Reply to
DOC

They've filed patents on their walking controller. So there's some info available. But nothing on the running controller yet.

The walking controller is basically a zero moment point approach. That won't work for a gait with a flight phase.

John Nagle Animats

DOC wrote:

Reply to
John Nagle