Re: a method for polish calcite

thank you for answering Mr Rutz when I say pattern, on my point of vue, it's a crystal of calcite (CaCO3) which the volume is about 1 mm3. And the calcite is not very
harsh (compared to metal) And my pattern is in a solution of Pb2+ and i have a surface precipation of PbCO3; So with the TEM I would like to go see at the interface, between the phase of PbCO3 and CaCO3. for seeing that i have to make a "cross over" but my problem is i have to polish my pattern but the risk is that i could remove the precipitate of PbCO3 at the surface I hope you will understood that i have writed I think i have manage to polish my pattern of calcite i have alredy test but now i have to see it under the TEM to see if that have done had worked thanks a lot for u'r answered sincerly