spontaneous synthesis of oil???

in the following article
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID8645
is is claimed that:
"competent physicists, chemists, chemical engineers and men
knowledgeable of thermodynamics have known that natural petroleum does not evolve from biological materials since the last quarter of the 19th century."
the general tone of this article sounds implausible to me, but what say you?

Correct; all the oil we get was made before the last quarter of the 19th C.
Seriously... the statement about thermodynamics is nonsense. Thermo cannot tell you that something is impossible. It can tell you that it is difficult, i.e., requires energy input.
Uncle Al's answer gives you some of the evidence that oil comes from bio materials.
bob