TPR and Silicone

Hello,
I would very much appreciate experts here defining whether Silcone can
be categorised as a TPR (Thermoplastic rubber).
I am in the Brush business and I have samles from a vendor that they
claim to be silcone.
and another vendor that claims them to be TPR.
Could you also let me know the normal Durometer scale you would test
the hardness on.
Thanks for you reply
Steve
Reply to
Steve
No, it's crosslinked.
Shore A.
Reply to
Mark Thorson
Hi Mark
Thanks for the reply.
So its a thermoset rather than a thermoplastic - Ie it won't melt?
Thanks again,
Steve
Reply to
Steve
It won't melt. It can burn, although it's among the most temperature-resistant plastics. It usually won't support a flame, unless it's in very thin section or small particles.
Reply to
Mark Thorson
Mark,
Thanks again for your Help