TPR and Silicone

Hello,

I would very much appreciate experts here defining whether Silcone can be categorised as a TPR (Thermoplastic rubber).

I am in the Brush business and I have samles from a vendor that they claim to be silcone. and another vendor that claims them to be TPR.

Could you also let me know the normal Durometer scale you would test the hardness on.

Thanks for you reply

Steve

Reply to
Steve

No, it's crosslinked.

Shore A.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.

So its a thermoset rather than a thermoplastic - Ie it won't melt?

Thanks again,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It won't melt. It can burn, although it's among the most temperature-resistant plastics. It usually won't support a flame, unless it's in very thin section or small particles.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Mark,

Thanks again for your Help