Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: copper, quality in cables
Per Belden - there is no "better copper" in cat5e cable, it just plain old "BC", bare copper. Thanks all news:...
3
3

Failure Analysis - Instruction Sources
I think failure analysis would be a useful and edifying thread. I would like to see it in this group and open it up to all materials. Surely the basic approaches and protocols can apply to all. To...

Re: Failure Analysis
You might enjoy the discussions in the newsgroup. Most of the guys there are semi-metallurgists. Your views might be helpful there too. grouchofan wrote:
13
13

Re: protective clothing for mosquitoes
I've never seen any type of insect wear any type of clothing, let alone a mosquito wearing protective clothing. Little tiny gloves & helmets with holes for their snoots? Micro flack jackets? What are...
7
7

Metal Oxalates
Looking for pricing/availability information for multi-ton quantities of metal oxalates (potassium, titanium, etc). Does anyone know who produces these products on a commercial scale? Thanks Needs...
2
2

Finishing Type
Hi, I came across this technical drawing with the below finishing. I have search but in vain to discover what they meant. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 1) MFZN1-C 2) ZMC-1 Regards Malcolm