Blend behavior in Tablet Press machine

Hello all,

I'm trying to find if there is any study on powder blend behavior inside the hopper near the end of compression run.

I would really be grateful if anyone can point me towards the source. I'm observing some weird results from tablets coming out at the end of compression run.

Thanks in advance..

Sincerely,

Zabed

Reply to
Zabed

Specialty texts that deal with 'fine particle technology', e.g., measuring powder, will also deal peripherally with the difficulty of sampling powder, because it's so easily accidentally segregated.

Basically, if you've got a hopper, you've got a guaranteed size gradient, even if the powder is otherwise homogeneous. Blends have to be worse.

It's why you see all those strange- looking (e.g.. v-shaped) powder mixers for sale in the pharmaceutical industry trade rags.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Halloran

Thanks Mike but can you give any reference source for your comment?

Reply to
Zabed

Nanoparticle News:

From the price, I'm guessing it's more about market dynamics than technology. Borrow someone else's copy. The trick is finding the someone else.

;---

See the reference list on this page:

I have read the T. Allen book. He used to conduct courses.

;---

Google "fine particle technology" for general stuff and "fine particle handling", etc. for your particular challenges.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Halloran