Cheap way to Store Energy

Just jack up your city by several meters, them use the hydraulic fulid to power

generators on peak demand hours.

This will require ramps on the freeways like gangways on ships.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

Dear BretCahill:

There is a Native American dwelling near Jerome Arridzona that is in close proximity to a close-to-the-surface underground chamber. The chamber vents air out for some time in the morning, and draws it back in for some time in the evening. Sounds like a power source to me...

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

I'm no expert, but the energy required to raise the city during offpeak hours would probably push demand into peak levels. Before we go putting cities on hydraulic supports, I'm in favor of re-thinking the concept of a city.

Reply to
stephenMF

That's how hikers discover caves. They hear the air moving.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

This is just a storage idea. Someone else has to come up with the energy in the first place.

We would pump water up to a resevoir on the side of some nearby mountain but since we don't have any water, we'll have to elevate something else that's heavy -- maybe even part of the mountain.

Maybe raise one end and lower the other in the morning so everyone can go down hill to work, then reverse it in the afternoon so everyone can go downhill again when they go back home.

Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill