compute FDS from PSD

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that requires me to compute (in MATLAB) Fatigue Damage Spectrum for a band-limited random signal(200-400 Hz) from

  1. The original Time Signal.
  2. From The Power Spectral Density (PSD) of the signal

I could compute FDS from time signal in MATLAB using the Rainflow Algorithm. But I'm not able to find a way to compute it from the PSD because various books I refered have a method to generate FDS from PSD if the PSD consists of straight lines (or the PSD is constant int he frequency range in my case (200-400 Hz)) but the psd I computed is not a straight line (or constant) but varies for each frequency. So any suggestion as to how to flatten the PSD or a generalised equation to compute FDS from PSD will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Srijith

Reply to
srijith