A couple of days ago, I started working on getting my 4th axis rotary table to work.I mounted it on the milling table a while ago and started integrating it on Sunday or thereabouts. Constantly being interrupted by the family, of course.
For feedback, it has a separate tachometer and a "resolver". This resolver has six leads, two for rotor excitation and two for stator.I would use Jon's resolver to encoder converter board: For some reason, two resolver leads (two from separate stators) were interconnected. At first I thought that I could reuse that old arrangement instead of the lead pairs being fully isolated and differential.
Yesterday I had a revelation and changed my mind. I decided that an extra week spent on doing things the right way would be time well spent. I decided to replace the terminal strip on the rotary table to accommodate completely isolated stators, add a connection for home switch, etc.
So I ripped everything apart again and will use a 12 lead cable, with every lead pair shielded individually.1) 6 wires (3 pairs) for the resolver 2) 2 wires for the tachometer 3) 2 wires for home switch 4) (possibly) 2 wires for limit switch.
As of now, not much has been done after ripping things out, but perhaps tonight I will get 25% of work done.i