Constant torque Hinge

Hi Guys,
I am trying to design constant torque hinge for which I think basically
I need constant torque spring. This hinge to be used for position
locking at various position for monitor.
Do u guys have any idea How should I approach this or any material
links would be helpful.
Thanks for ur help Guys
Perecy
Reply to
perecy
Consider Hook's law with springs. If you compress the spring (preload) say 3/4 of it's length and use the spring from 3/4 to 7/8 of its unloaded length the spring effect will be a somewhat constant force.
Reply to
amorrisonca1

Site Timeline