Geargen Question

This looks like a useful program for me to design gears. The only problem is I can't find an output mode to put the gear on a piece of paper. It seems to make .txt files that can be read by CAD programs. Does anyone have experience with Geargen and know how to make simple drawings? All I want is to make a size-accurate drawing of the generated gear. Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard
*.txt files are text files, and can be read with a word processor, or notepad.

*.dxf is the most common exchange file for cad packages, Autocad uses *.dwg.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Do you mean the Geargen.exe "GEARGEN Copyright 1995 ATS Software" for gear drawing? If so then use the Plot option and then "To file" option and then check the ".DXF File" in the bottom of the "Plot Format" Box . The file extension will automatically change from TXT to DXF.

If you want to draw corrected gear (profile shift gears) you need to insert the corrected tooth thickness.

Reply to
Israel Kehaty