Major re-write of sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality

Because of a server error, a large section of the sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality was cut off and lost. As it happens, this is only a Bad Thing [tm] for one reason: I only have record of Tony Rizzo and myself contributing to it. I would like very much not to lose other contributors, so I hope you will contact me if you pitched in on the original.

This is, however, a Good Thing [tm] for two other reasons: (1) I had an excuse to add a big ol' section on Quality Assurance, including software, which we'd been missing before. (2) I cut off, probably forever, most of the section on ISO 9000, the material on which is so much better organized in many other places, particularly at the ISO Web site.

But I could use you -- the few of you who still visit the sci.engr.* groups and are not spammers -- to look over the re-write and send me comments and corrections. You'll of course get full credit and your name will live on in the annals of the Internet, even after Usenet shrivels up. LOL Make your comments either directly to me, or make them public. Either way I will get them and make sure your US$0.02 doesn't go to waste.

Here's the FAQ:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dr. Ron Graham, founder of Usenet newsgroup sci.engr "You know a design is good when you want to lick it." - Steve Jobs start me up!

's MySpace
(so add me!) Ron on LinkedIn
(so link to me!)

Reply to
Ron Graham

Ron Graham wrote in news:3c5a3f33-d409-4f5b-9b99- snipped-for-privacy@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Hi Ron

direct energetic action-oriented

steady agreeable dependable

influential persuasive optimistic

cautious sensitive detail-oriented

That appears to me to be much too simple a view of team dynamics/personality types, in fact I'm not even sure how that quadrant diagram is supposed to be used.

Cheers

Greg

Reply to
Greg Locock