Most rigid epoxy?

If this is an inappropriate forum for this question, please forgive and recommend a beter one.
I need an epoxy that "gives" as little as possible, such that the maximum
energy is transmitted with as little loss as possible in the epoxy.
I have noticed that some epoxies are more "resin-y", and some are more "brittle".
Is this brand-to-brand variance, or are these qualities desirable in certain products of all brands?
Can someone recommend a good rigid epoxy? My needs are modest: room temp, holding only a few ounces, no heat or electrical conductivity required. It just can't be "soft". Prefer quick setting time (<1 hr). (Do these requirements put me outside the possibility of a "rigid" epoxy?)
Thanks,
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net
You might try "Sci.polymers" for more responces. In order to get a better idea of the rigidity needed, what types of epoxy have you tried that were not acceptible? For me a rigid epoxy would have a Rockwell R hardness of 100 or more, and an elogation of less than 5%.
--
Billy Hiebert
HIEBERT SCULPTURE WORKS

In a parallel thread he said "ceramic to glass". You may have since seen this.
David A. Smith
You could add a filler to the epoxy to stiffen it up. Powdered (not ground) limestone will stiffen it up nicely (powdered limestone is often available at farm supply stores or you might be able to get some from your local little league, where it is used to chalk fields).
Another alternative is cement mix.

Matt/Meribeth Pedersen wrote:

Along that line sauereisen might be interesting, but you will never, ever get it apart again
http://www.sauereisen.com/d_ind/d_assembly.htm
josh halpern

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:47:56 -0800, Josh Halpern wrote

Looks like some awesome stuff. Thermite might get it off again... :-)
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net
DaveC wrote:

In addition to many other sensible suggestions in the thread, try a polyester resin as used for surf boards and car bodging, they tend to be harder than epoxies.
If this is a commercial application it might be worth contacting CIBA-GEIGY (sp?) direct, they made us some custom brews for our solar car.
Cheers
Greg Locock