Need quality pull cable

I'm looking for a braided steel pull cable with the following specs
(roughly)
6' long
.07" diameter braided steel
connectors on ends (threaded, clevis, etc...)
2" operating range
Pull, not push-pull
If someone knows of a company or source that sells a product that is close
to this specification I would appreciate it if you could pass along their
information.
Thanks,
Bob
Reply to
Robert Wolcott
Try McMaster-Carr:
Just enter "aircraft cable" in the search and it will take you through all the steps to get just what you want.
Don Kansas City
Reply to
Don A. Gilmore
Dear Robert Wolcott:
Didn't you go see? It should be a matched set... it is not really possible to field-fit the inner cable in one of these setups.
David A. Smith
Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)
I went and looked and they should work. I also need the cable housing (like a bike cable has) for routing purposes. This is for a prototype automotive application so we need to make the cables up as we go. We are under the gun as well so there isn't a lot of time to search for the perfect cable. I looked all over McMaster for the housing (routing tube) but couldn't find it. Is there a different name for it?
Thanks, Bob
"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" wrote in message news:bTMZd.5961$uk7.2714@fed1read01...
Reply to
Robert Wolcott
Dear Robert Wolcott:
"linear motion cables" "push/pull control cables" "throttle cables" ... these all end up on pages 1059-1061
If you don't see what you need there, I suspect you'll be able to use these phrases on Google Advanced and get straight to the manufacturers.
David A. Smith
Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)
Have a look here:
Try calling them at (800) 586-8404 and talk to Chris Lang (ext. 235), or Mike Pendleton (ext. 231). They have all sorts of custom assemblies, fittings and actuators like you're looking for. Let us know how you make out.
Don Kansas City
Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

Site Timeline