positive position feedback

Hi! Anyone in this group help me with 'designing a Positive Position Feedback controller' for vibration suppression in a flexible
cantilever beam? If u have any links to 'designing a PPF controller', plz send them to me/post them.. The beam in question is patched with piezo strips for sensing & actuating vibrations. What type of plant transfer function ia needed in the design of PPF controller? Is the usual 'control-output' transfer function sufficient?
Thank you. snovite