Simple question

Has anyone there used WSDI BPW series servo amps? If so, do you know the configuration of the amp-enable input? Teh datasheet I have doesn't indicate... I assumed open-collector TTL, but it doesn't seem to be right.

While I've got your "ear," should the ground pin be grounded to the system ground?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
RVG

Western Servo Design Brushless PWM. The amp enable input should be active low with an internal pullup, TTL level. Test by simply grounding the input. The Ground in the input connector is your signal ground. Buss side is isolated so you can determine best noise performance grounded or floating. Also, if these are the same ones I used ten years ago, be aware that they use a 50% modulation and will make low inductance motors heat up. Is Essy still there? Good source if so.

Reply to
jeff