Standard aluminum extrusions in Hex shape?

Is there a standard aluminum extrusion in a hex shape? this is for a low cost electronics/imaging enclosure.

Ideally:

Side to side dimension: 5cm (outside) Surface: smooth, untreated Wall thickness: 1.5 to 2 mm Length: Sections of 2 to 2.5 m.

Inside having guides for circuit board would be a bonus, and/or 4 of 6 corners having a small tube of about 1mm inside dim, 3mm out (lengthwise) to put in plugs or screws.

(Existing imperial measurement material is fine too. 2 in. outside dimension is fine.)

Links to sources would be very appreciated.

Or, how roughly much would the NRE/tooling for an extrusion process cost? (Est. req't 1,500 meters in first year, growing to 15,000 meters over a couple years.

Thanks. Alan.

Reply to
Alan Browne

Take a look here:

Don Kansas City

Reply to
eromlignod

you're easily into the volume range where you could justify a custom extrusion--tooling costs are surprisingly affordable. It's been a few years, but the last time I did a custom extrusion tooling was under $2500.

Cardinal Aluminum would an excellent place to start looking

Reply to
Michael

Thanks. Good source.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Browne

Thanks, I'll check.

We're in the proof-of-concept phase but we'like to build a dog and pony version that is close to the procuction unit in look.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Browne