warming up by air flow

hello all I'm creating a device to warm up some biological test tubes which contain some kind of biological substances. one way to do this action is by using a container which is full of sand that has warmed up before to the desired temprature and put the test tubes in the hole in the middle of the fine sand but it takes too much time cause only one tube can be warmed at a time but ofcourse the temprature gradian is nice and uniform. because of the time problem and the problem of locating and dislocating the test tubes in sand which need an operator I need to warm up test tubes just by heated air flow ( no liquide is useable or permitted) I was wondering if anybody know anything about controllably warming up something by heated air flow. needed temprature is 60 degree centigrad and the tolerance of temprature is just 2 degrees thanks in advance shantia

Reply to
shantia

google search

laboratory controlled convection oven

or

look for an inline heater

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I cant use any other device , cause I have to warm up my test tubes just in their place , I mean its impossible to ask an operator to put the test tubes in some oven like this and then take them out , and usage of a robot to this is not ecconomical . so I have to warm test tubes just in my own place , furtunatly test tubes are free to some extend so I should blow heated air around them , the problem is controling the temprature in the range I need thanks again shantia

Reply to
shantia

Select a box. Place a central partition in the middle of the long side. At one end place a fan and a small heater element. Feed the fan with l;ine power. Feed the heater wire or lamp through an incandescent lamp controller (these cost $10 to $15) You arrange the airflow to make a racetrack, so no fresh air is used. Monitor the temperature with a decent mercury thermometer, or a digital probe. When you can hold the temp reliably, you are set.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

You could use a heating pad and some thermocouples create a pocket for each tube to fit inside of. That way you have a constant heating source, which could easily be well insulated and provide a constant temperature to the test tubes.

Reply to
YouGoFirst